Friday, March 23, 2007

BRF - Mark 13-16

I guess the biggest truth that was revealed to me this week was what an awesome Lord and Saviour that I serve.

I am always humbled and saddened when I read all that my Saviour suffered for me that I might have eternal life with Him one day. Praise the Lord, He didn't stay in the grave but rose again and I serve a risen Saviour! I remember when I was a new Christian and reading this and thinking how brutal these Romans were to Jesus "Why would anyone want to crucify the Saviour?" I wasn't seeing at that time that I was also responsible for Christ's Crucifixion because of my sin. I am so thankful that Christ was willing to suffer shame and be brutally beaten and nailed to the cross, without His Crucifixion, I would be doomed to an eternity in Hell. Praise the Lord for His great love!!

Many times in the Book of Mark, Jesus mentioned about the hardness of hearts, and to be watchful for false prophets. It seems to me that this is very important for us to be aware of.
The Bible tells us in II Timothy 2:15 to, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

He also stressed the importance of watching for His return that we would be ready. In Chapter 13: 33-37 Jesus says, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch".

I am looking forward to the rest of the reviews as well as for next weeks challenge. Until next time "Watch and Pray"!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That was great, Barb. I liked your wording in the first paragraph. We DO serve an awesome savior!!

Do I remember you commenting that you are coming to NS? If so, when? Can't wait to meet you!