Thursday, February 8, 2007

Haggai - BRF

This Book made me realize how much I need to learn about God's Word. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the reviews to see what you gleaned.

A few things I did notice were that in Chapter 1 the Lord was rebuking the people through Haggai that they were so caught up in the things of themselves that they were neglecting the things of God. They had time to build their own houses but did not think it was time for the Lord's house to be built. I thought about my priorities, how often do I put God on the back burner for a more convenient time. Sobering thought!

God used the words "Consider your ways" or just the word "consider" a number of times in this little Book of the Bible, I think that if God uses the word this many times He wants me "to consider MY ways".

We are told that are ways are fruitless, "Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes" vs 6. We cannot expect God to bless us if we have no time for Him.

God is so merciful to me. He forgives when I repent of my ways. I see that when the people repented and were willing to obey, God blessed them. The Lord promised to be with them as He does each of us when we are obedient to His Word.

There was a lot in this Book that I didn't quite get, so more study is needed. I feel like this review is disjointed.

Now I am off to our winter camp "Chill-Out" to act like a teenager for the next couple of days. Looking forward to reading each review when I get home. Until next time, keep trusting in our great Lord and Saviour!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hope you have a great weekend. I took the liberty of putting you on Mr.Linky. I didn't think you would mind. :)

Seven said...

Thanks, Barb. I can't tell you what an encouragement this BRF is to me.

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend, Barb. Wasn't Haggai great! A book I don't think I would have turned to without "help", but a blessing I would not care to have missed! Your words seemed to echo my thoughts and helped to reaffirm what I read. Thank you