Monday, January 1, 2007

Best Decision of My Life

I never can look at the pure white snow without remembering my salvation. Isaiah1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool". I have been thinking about posting this for awhile and yesterday as I looked out the window while at church and the snow was so bright and clean, I decided that today would be the day.

These verses describe me 27 years ago, Psalm 40:2 "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

27 years ago this month in a third floor bedroom on Aberdeen Street in Kentville, NS at about 3:00AM, my Lord heard the cries of this wicked sin filled person and saved my soul. John 6:37, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out". After a life of rejecting Him, He still loved me and promised to never leave me or forsake me. Hebrews 13:5, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee".

I wish that I could say that I have always obeyed His Word since He saved me, I am still striving to be "More Like The Master". He has made me a different person and all the glory belongs to Him. Psalm 40:3 "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD".

My prayer and desire this next year is to grow closer to my Lord, obey His Word, share His Word with the lost. My goal is to read through the Bible this year, be faithful in my devotions, continue to read a Proverb every day, and read the portion that Shannon chooses each week.

I have many unsaved family members that I would like to see come to the Lord and not say as Agrippa said to Paul, Acts 26:28, 29 "Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds". I want to be a good testimony before them. I hope that I would never be a stumbling block.

Thank you ladies for your encouragement. Your book reviews give me much to think about. I hope and pray that we will all be better servants for our Lord in the coming year. Truly focused on Him!

No comments: